Are you having trouble finding a rental property?
Perhaps you haven’t rented in some time or you haven’t rented at all… whatever your trouble is, the rental market is very competitive so let us help you to become pre-approved!
At Ray White Thirroul we understand the frustrations of trying to find and secure that new rental, so here are some tips that may help you get in first –
- Set up rental alerts on real estate websites like raywhitethirroul.com.au, raywhite.com.au, domain.com.au and www.realestate.com.auso you are the first notified of any new listings
- Register your interest and attend the first open inspection on the property
- Confirm the open inspection time the day before you view the property
- Download applications from the agent’s website and have them ready at the viewing
- Make sure you meet all the requirements on the application e.g. enough I.D.; all previous rental history, payslips and pet information supplied.
- Let your rental and personal references know to expect a phone call
- The more information you provide the easier and the faster it is for agents to process your application
It’s simply about being proactive and our solutions will ensure there is minimal processing down time so we can get you into your dream home faster!
To get a head start, download our Application Formand ensure all of your contact information and identification is ready to go.
Below is what you will need:
- Full contact information for each applicant including mobile phone numbers and date of birth information
- Your current residential address information.
- Pets? We require the breed and registration details. Download the Pet Application Form and attach to your application.
- Rego numbers of all vehicles of the applicants. Further you will need to nominate if any of the occupants are smokers or not.
- Employment Details: We require payroll contact details as we are required to call and confirm all employment.
- If you are applying from interstate and unable to view the property please contact the office firstname.lastname@example.org for a Sight Unseen Waiver Form
What you need to provide;
- Proof of Income / Pay Slips (Compulsory)
- Current Bank Statement (Compulsory)
- Centrelink Statement (Compulsory)
- Proof of Address (Electricity / Phone Bill) (Compulsory)
- Photo ID (Drivers License / 18+ Card / Passport) (Compulsory)
- Birth Certificate (in place of Photo ID if non can be obtained)
How we process your application;
- Before submitting your application, you or your representative will need to view the property and accept it is the one for you in its current condition
- Your application will be processed during normal business hours, we do require 2+ business days to process
- After processing, your application is submitted to the owner for their decision. Their decision is final and they are not required to give a reason behind their choice.
Should your application be successful;
- You will be required to pay a holding deposit within 24 hours of accepting the property – this will be credited to your rental account as 1 weeks rent in advance.
- Once we have set a date to sign the Residential Tenancy Agreement, you will be required to pay 5 weeks rent BEFORE signing the Agreement. (All together you will have paid 6 weeks rent – 2 weeks in advance and 4 weeks BOND, we do not accept BOND transfers)
- You will not be committed to the property until you view and sign the Residential Tenancy Agreement and its terms, once agreed.
- We are a cashless office and therefore require electronic payment of rent and Bond. Here we recommend the following 2 options – Direct Deposit or Bank Cheque
- Please make an appointment with our Property Manager to sign the relevant tenancy documentation. These appointments can be made between (Monday & Friday) – allow 30 minutes for this