Sell with Confidence
Read More

Tenant – A Renting Reference Guide

At Ray White Thirroul, we have a proven record of success. To help you understand the “How”  of renting, we have simplified the process which is outlined below. This is your go reference guide when renting through out Agency.

How To Secure a Tenancy

By this stage of the tenancy each person over the age of 18 that wants to reside in the proeprty has filled out a an application form. If you are moving interstate or from overseas and therefor unable to view the property you must sign a Sight Unseen Waiver. This is a waiver that you are agreeing to take a property without prior viewing. this is only available for interstate/overseas applicants. This office has a strict policy that all applicants must view a property prior to handing in an application.

When you return the application form to our office you must ensure that you have available a holding deposit. This is required to be paid within 24 hours of your application being approved. Please note that this must be paid in cleared funds (ie. Direct deposit to our account, bank cheque or money order). The holding deposit required is equivalent to 1 weeks rent.

It’s All Yours

Once you are approved we will make an appointment with you to sign your tenancy agreement. Prior to moving in you will be required to pay a further 1 weeks rent plus the full bond, which is equivalent to 4 weeks

rent. Unfortunately, no bond transfers are accepted by our office, payment of bond must be in cleared funds.

Electricity, Gas and Telephone

It is your responsibility to have all services at the property placed in your name, we do offer a service where a 3rd party can negotiate with the service providers on your behalf, which can take the hassle out of moving. You can contact them direct on 1300 664 715 or print out the form here and hand to the property manager along with your application.

Contents Insurance

It is your responsibility to arrange for your contents insurance at the new property. Contents insurance is a vital part of renting a property as it ensures you are covered in the event of an emergency or break in. Please visit

You’re In

Entry Condition Report 

This is a binding document outlining the condition of your property and is very important form when you are moving into a rental property. It must be filled out by both the tenant and agent to ensure both parties agree to the condition of the property. We supply you with the Ingoing Condition Report when you pick up your keys at the start of your tenancy. This includes our comments; you then have 7 business days to return the completed condition report with any further comments. At the time of vacating, anOutgoing Condition Report will be completed and compared with the Ingoing Condition Report. If there is any damage to the property that is not noted on the Ingoing Condition Report or noted throughout the tenancy period, you the tenant are liable to pay for the damage caused during your tenancy.


We keep a spare set of keys in the office. Should you have lost your keys or have locked yourself out you may collect our set during office hours. After hours our recommended locksmith can be contacted at your expense- Luke’s Locksmith –


Only the people originally included in the signed tenancy agreement are allowed to reside at the property permanently. If a new tenant wishes to replace an existing tenant, please ensure our office is informed in order to approve the new application and complete the RTA paperwork. Please find the Application Form here.

Office Hours

Our office is open weekdays 9:00am – 5:00pm, Saturdays 9:00am – 3:00pm. Should you wish to see your property manager, please contact our office to make an appointment time that is suitable for both parties on 02 4268 5577.

Paying Rent 

Direct Deposit is the preferred method of rental payment and can be set up at your chosen bank or through internet banking. As you have signed the Tency agreement, paying your rent becoming binding. If you do not pay your rent and fall 14 days behind you will be issued with a Termination Notice for Non Payment of Rent. If you fail to pay rent or vacate the property as set out in the Termination Notice we will apply to Tribunal. Please refer to the NSW Fair Trading website for more information.

Maintenance and Repairs Requests

We advise ALL TENANTS to insure their own contents as they are not covered under the Lessor’s policies.

All general repairs and maintenance must be forwarded to our Agency in writing so we can act accordingly. Provide as much information as possible of the repairs needed as well as access authorisation for the repairs to be done. Please complete the Maintenance Request Form.

After Hours Emergencies

Please contact Thirroul Property Management 0450 915 277

Paintwork on walls  

The tenant agrees that no nails, screws, hooks, blue tack, sticky tape or tacks are to be fixed to the wall without the written permission of the Agent. It is our experience that when these are removed, paint and plaster damage occurs and the tenant will be held responsible.


Unless a pet is specifically approved on your lease, pets will not be allowed at the property without prior approval. Please note that in the majority of unit complexes the Body Corporate do not allow pets. You must download aPet Application and submit it to the Agent for processing. Please note, approval is not a guarantee.


As stated in your Tenancy Agreement, you are responsible for the lawns and gardens unless otherwise arranged. This means watering, weeding, trimming and mowing. Seek advice from your property manager before removing any plants or pruning large bushes/trees, and take note of relevant water restrictions. We are happy to recommend a garden maintenance tradesperson if you would like to accept responsibility for costs.

Routine Inspections      

We carry out routine inspections on all our properties approximately every three – six months and will advise you in writing prior to the inspection date. The inspections are always a good opportunity to point out any maintenance problems or other concerns you may have

Your Tenancy is Coming to an End

Breaking Your Lease

If circumstances occur where you need to break your tenancy agreement the following conditions will apply:
•    The tenant is responsible for and must pay rent until the property is re-let to a suitable tenant through our normal office procedures for re-letting; or until the end of the tenancy agreement, whichever is the sooner.

Giving Notice

The tenant agrees that when giving notice it must be in writing and handed or faxed to our office. Please call the office on 02 4268 5577 for further information.

Property for sale

If, during your tenancy the property goes up for sale, you will be advised accordingly. If you are under a fixed term lease, you can remain in the property for the term of the lease. Please contact the office on 020 4268 5577 if you have any questions.

Please fill in the below form with “Tenant Renting Reference Guide” plus you question in the message field and we will get back to you ASAP, alternatively, you can contact the office on 02 4268 5577.

Your Contact Details