The presentation of your home can certainly add tens of thousands of dollars to your property and in a competitive market, standing out will both assist in the sale-ability of your home and the price you will ultimately achieve. This will be a prospective buyer’s first impression of your home, so make it a good one! Below are a number of tips for presenting your home to the market –
- Trim the lawns and tidy the garden – be aware of the impact of Curb Side appeal!
- Shampoo the carpets. You may be surprised at how much ‘life’ they have after a good cleaning. The brighter everything is the better for selling!
- Give all the walls a “once over” to remove any dirty marks and scuffs.
- Check the guttering and clear any debris as it is an easy spot for buyers.
- Tidy up the exterior of your property; make sure there is no peeling paint, or water stains, no cobwebs under the eaves for cobwebs?
- Clean out the garage and shed. They’re the places where you’ve thrown unwanted goods over the years, plus a clean potential storage space is always an important selling point!
- The kitchen and laundry. Special attention needs to be paid to these areas. Clean the oven, polish the sink, and give your cupboards a clean
- Open the windows, the brighter the rooms the better, so always leave blinds and curtains open and turn lights on. Make sure your windows are clean inside and out! It’s the secret to more light!
- Flowers set the scene, as does a scented candle or air deodoriser in a nice simple and not so over powering fragrance like Sandalwood
- The Ray White sign is a must! We will advise you on the best location for maximum effect!
If you would like more information, please fill out the below form with “Presenting your home for sale” in the message and we will get back to you ASAP, alternatively, you can contact the office on (02) 4268 5577